Today I had a lot of conversations with Grace. Two things stick out to me... She said, "Why do I have to share toys with my friends?" Such a good opportunity to talk about how Jesus shared His life with us on the Cross. We love because He first loved us.
Second one -- before bed just now. Bill and I usually sing "In Christ Alone" to her, and tonight she asked, "Why do you say 'no guilt in life'?" Another great opportunity to talk about Jesus... and one that I don't relish enough -- there is no guilt for those who are in Christ. Some guilt? No. No guilt. Man, if that doesn't make you happy!
Bill just got a new cd on iTunes from Lecrae. "Background" is a super catchy super challenging song. Good workout music, good sitting around music.
I am really excited about VBS! And all the opportunities for little kids to hear about Jesus...
Our church's first run at a Vacation Bible School. I love the theme, too-- "God at Work"...
Life only works when Christ is King. And He's a good King -- the Lord's shown me lately that I am completely stupid if I think I can run my own life. Skimming this book today, King's Cross by Tim Keller, really helped me set my heart back to thinking about Jesus as my King. He is the one who calls the shots in my life. And that's a good thing. I need a King!