Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ero


front cover


middle spread


back cover


This is Grace's first book. She made it for me while she was playing with scraps of paper and crayons. I was taking a nap, and she came into my room and placed it on my lap. She said, "This is your book Mom. This is your little book that you can read when you have trouble sleeping." I asked her what it said (on the cover), and she said, "Eeero." (Like "hero" with a missing "h.")

I am so, so thankful for my daughter. She teaches me so many life lessons. When parenthood came for Bill and I it came with "grace"!

Psalm 103 reminds me: the Lord is merciful. I need help with this often. Often my mothering is anything BUT merciful. And the Lord has kindly reminded me this week ~ the only way I can show mercy to my daughter is if I remember how I've been loved by Jesus Christ.

Thank you Lord for my little Gracie-girl.