I don't need to give much of an explanation of this book -- the title says it all. I really, really appreciate Altrogge's sense of humor (sarcasm), references to the 80s, and heavy theology all packed into one well-designed (and short) book. Seriously, it has been hitting me hard. I love his explanation of Psalm 23:2 -- "He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul."
"Sometimes God restores our souls by granting our desires, and sometimes he restores us by withholding them."
I am encouraged reading this book. At first, I thought -- ah! Another book on contentment?! Contentment seems impossible sometimes! But the Lord keeps on encouraging me (He's so faithful!) -- Philippians 2:13 says (ridiculous) -- GOD is at WORK in me. For real. The One who spoke the world into existence is HIGHLY INVOLVED in my tiny little 29 year old life. He is going to DO His work in me -- regardless of how I feel, what I think, or what I think will happen. I am so, so glad that I'm in His hands and not left to my own devices.