The normal way of using this word: "And different security levels bunk in the same room, meaning a murderer can sleep beside a thief."
The other, cooler way:
- Don't listen to them and their anti-sun exposure bunk.
- But that's bunk, says a new scientific review of the practice.
I can tend to struggle with fear a lot. Fear of the future being one of those biggies for me, I am really thankful for this breath of fresh air from Matthew Henry.
"Commit thy way unto the Lord; roll thy way upon the Lord...Cast thy burden upon the Lord, the burden of thy care. We must roll it off ourselves, not afflict and perplex ourselves with thoughts about future events, but refer them to God. By prayer spread thy case and all thy cares before the Lord, and trust in Him." --Matthew Henry (talking about Psalm 37)
---
"doom forecaster" -- someone who can tend to think the worst in almost any situation, or at least imagine the worst. It's really sometimes a fun joke to say "pessimist", but I think sometimes I can live like this without really realizing it. (So thankful for how Bill has pointed this out for me in a loving way).
I'm really thankful for my friend Jaime's blog, especially this entry. "Do not project yourself into a graceless future."
It's so easy to imagine the future. But when I do, (to be honest here), I'm usually imagining myself without God. Now that's bunk. If He said -- no, promised -- "I will never leave you nor forsake you" -- would He ever break that promise? The answer, looking back on His faithfulness, is a big old NO. NEVER.
My view of the future is sometimes just flat out godless.
---
The Fatherhood of God is astounding. I'm loved, loved, and more loved. And that love is enough to cast out my fears, nagging as they may be!