

Two small, humble drawings from a very thankful fan.
I have some really cool friends who love hip hop and Jesus. They make music that honors the Savior that has lifted me up and encouraged my heart. This is my little way of saying THANKS, and I would encourage readers to check out this music. Sure, it may be a bit out of your comfort zone -- I must admit, it was out of mine until Bill got me listening to R-Swift. I think that kind of stuff just happens when you get married to someone with opposite tastes.
Some of the junk I hear on my block sometimes, between the loud beats and the vulgarity -- phew . . . I'm thankful that there are people in the hip hop world who "get it" and "get Jesus."
- - - - -
Josh + Liz, Lamp Mode!
Shai Linne + Tim Brindle have a great song, "Mercy and Grace", on Shai's album, "The Attributes of God." Though I don't know their wives personally (Blair and Flo), I have met them both briefly and am thankful for their joy in Christ, and the work they do at home to support their husbands.
The line in Tim's part of "Mercy and Grace" that has ministered to my soul the most, is the one I drew. "Instead of filthy rags, our Dad's forgiveness. The ultimate story of rags to riches!"
Brian (God's Servant) + Sonia Davis (and Spurgeon, their son and Grace's buddy). Bill and I just love them. The joking, the humor, the music. Everything. We're excited that Brian gets to be part of Lamp Mode. Brian is a featured artist on Shai's album (Attributes) in the song, "Our God is in the Heavens." In his rap, he says, "Constructor and Conductor . . . what manner of man is this, that even the wind and waves obey Him?!"
For someone who struggles with anxiety, knowing that God controls the weather (and my fickle heart) is super encouraging.
:-)