“I know that I’ve failed to be the kind of mother he wants me to be, but that’s why I need a Savior, and it’s why my child needs one, too. Thank you, Lord, that you’ve given me your perfect record, and that even though I sin, I am accounted perfectly righteous before you. Please forgive me and help me respond to this great gift you’ve given in faith and grateful obedience. I trust you to work in me.”
----
Because today was "one of those days" -- and yet, God's grace, as usual, was all over it. In spite of my anger, I am loved. In spite of my pride, I am loved. I'm just loved by Jesus, and it makes absolutely no sense to my peanut brain. When I fail, particularly in parenting, it is obvious to me, but it's real obvious to my kid. And that, is just plain hard. And God is just plain merciful. Thank You Lord for guiding me today. I'm gonna need it again tomorrow. Thank You that You already have tomorrow covered though. In Jesus' name, Amen.