Friday, December 9, 2011

Depression

Do you know anyone who struggles with depression? I've struggled with it myself. My burden is for those who have depressed loved ones, or people who may not be "clinically" depressed, but who seem to struggle with it. Sometimes it seems like nothing you say helps. Like talking to a brick wall.

At the end of the day though, Jesus Christ is the only One who has the power to remove the "fog" of depression. He's the only One who can give joy, peace, and stability. Sometimes people don't like hearing that because it seems too simple! I've felt that way many, many times. He is patient though, and He knows suffering far deeper than any human. When I meditated on Isaiah 53 in the past, particularly the "man of sorrows" part -- it made me think -- Jesus knows suffering! He's truly been through it "all".

I've read this article in the past and it helped me. As a struggler and a helper to a struggler :)