Friday, October 21, 2011

Psalm 130 helped me this morning

This week has been a whirlwind of emotions. Like usual. If you know me, you know that I'm an emotional kind of girl. But the danger comes when the emotions rule me. So I made myself sit down and read the Word today and here's what the Lord put on my heart. I'm so thankful for the Word because it is literally the only thing that helps me.

Thoughts on Psalm 130

• Cry to God, rest; knowing He hears you.
His ears are attentive to your voice.
• He doesn't count your sin against you.
There is forgiveness because Jesus died for your sins.
Rest, child of God, you are covered by Jesus' blood.
• Wait for Him, let your hope rest in His Word, not on your circumstances changing.
• Ask Him to guard your soul, that you may live in a God-honoring way and think God-honoring thoughts.
• Ask Him to help you desire Him more than anything else on earth.
• Two things are true about the LORD: with the Lord there is steadfast love. And with Him there is plentiful redemption. These are attributes of who HE IS, regardless of who YOU are or what YOU feel.
• And His forgiveness isn't halfway, it's complete -- full, ongoing, deliberate.
• He will redeem you from all your iniquities. All.
• No earthly sorrow, no matter how long, can compare.

I hope this encourages someone today as it encouraged me. Peace.