This morning she asked me if the fresh flowers I'd bought would die or not. I said, "Yes. They will. They're real, not fake like the other ones I have. Remember that verse?" (I was thinking of Isaiah 40:8)
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of the Lord . . ."
(And I paused, to let her finish it.)
". . . is bigger than flowers!"
:)
Last week, I was talking to her about how I cook food, or make a grocery list -- can't remember. She said, "Yeah, but you always burn things!"
:)
Our neighbor/friend Manny was over for dinner. We were about to pray, and I said, "Let's pray for our food, guys."
Manny said, "Why are you going to pray? What's that?"
I said, "Prayer is when you talk to God. You can say 'thank you' to God for this food I made."
And he said, "Why? You made the food." :)