While I'm thankful for the interactions I had today with so many friends, I am aware that I don't deserve friends like this. Every Tuesday morning I get to meet with pastors' wives and other friends at my church. Our kids run around and get their wiggles out in the nursery while we pray and read a book together. I can't say how amazing it is having this time every Tuesday morning. I love being around these friends - they make me realize that I'm really not crazy after all. I don't really know how else to put it! Then I spent some time with Abby and her kids - a friend who stays home with her two boys and makes super-creative art all over her apartment. Very inspired every time I see her.
To top my day off, I hung out with Lisa and her boys. I am so thankful she's in my life - to see a woman endure the things she's endured in this last month - to see her cling to Christ in the midst of loss. She clings to Scripture and trusts God. Sometimes in my little world I think I know what "trusting God" looks like. Lisa gives me a new perspective on all of that. Father, please sustain Lisa and help her keep hoping in you. Thank you Lord that I see Psalm 40 really being lived out in her life - "Many will see and fear and trust in the Lord."
And somehow my daughter and my husband are infinitely more precious to me today. I love the sound of prayer before dinner, being silly on the couch after dinner, being the tickle monster and the kissing monster.
Today on my knees cleaning bread crumbs off the kitchen floor, the sun was shining so distinctly through the window the way it does around five o'clock, I had a distinct impression from God - I am exactly where He wants me.