Saturday, January 22, 2011

precious things i want to remember.

Ever since she was 2 or so, Grace would line up her toys in a row (like this) and do a "show" -- singing, school, whatever. I admit, as a weirdo neat freak, there were times I would be so annoyed at this. In our kitchen/dining room, her collection of toys (and blankets) sometimes interferes with when I need to make food... I don't like tripping on top of Mr. Potato Head on my way to the sink. But I'm so thankful for this girl. And her imagination! It is precious to see how she pretends with just about everything... she even makes her fingers talk to each other. The other night in the bathtub, she had a pile of soft foam letters and numbers. She said, "K, you can come. H, you have to stay home!" I tried to make a video of it and photograph it, but, you just had to be there.

Whenever we go out and come back home, Grace shouts (sometimes before we even get home!) , "I want to do the knock part!" Which means, she wants me to go in the house first, close the door, and then wait for her to knock. She used to just stand at the door and knock, but now she goes down the steps, walks back up, and knocks. I open the door, pretending she's not Grace, but a friend I invited over. "Hi, friend!" I say. "Welcome to my home!" She says, "Thank you. I love all the colors! (our walls are orange and red)." I love this.

I want to treasure these things because I know she's going to grow up and abandon them someday!