So, as Grace would say, "Here we are!". We've made our home here in Northwood. From our kitchen window, I can see lots of trees and sky - which seems out of the ordinary. There's a cluster of big trees across the street from our place. I can't wait to see what they look like in Spring/Summer.
I think this apartment feels like home. Bill says it feels like we're staying in a hotel. He says it's because all of our things are still in bags, and we're eating free food. :)
For my birthday this year (also moving day!), I was the gracious recipient of THREE cakes, all chocolate! Thank you Rachel, Mom Melone, and Mom! I've never celebrated my birthday by moving before. And, my awesome friend Vicki gave us a delicious Italian meal, lasagna complete with bread, salad, AND homemade soda (fresh-squeezed oranges mixed with seltzer water). Can you top that?! I don't want the lasagna to end.
This Saturday we had an overwhelming amount of help from Bill, his Dad, and several guys from the church. I tangibly felt God's presence in how much help and care we received. (The food, the 3 cakes, everything!). Plus, people asking us (on Sunday) how everything went. We are so loved and this human love only points me to the Lord's love- how wonderful. I had several friends calling me last week in the midst of packing like crazy, just to tell me they were praying for me and thinking of me. So much kindness!
Unfortunately, Grace got sick yesterday with a weird 24 hour bug - she threw up all over a chair in the kitchen out of nowhere. A few minutes before that, she said "My belly hurts." Next thing you know, puke on the chair! I felt so bad for her. She had a fever last night, but today she's almost herself. Still not eating much other than toast though. We did manage to visit the playground across the street, even in the chilly weather. We slid down the slide together and chased each other. I love how the simplest things make my girlie happy. She is so incredibly easy to please!
This afternoon when I put her down for a nap, she touched my cheeks and smiled with these big bright brown eyes. I just love her and I'm so glad I get to be at home with her.
There are a million small changes, new address, new church, new place, new neighbors . . . I'm so glad we worship a God who does not change and who loves us more than we even know. He is a faithful God, who gave His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins, to taste our sorrows - the longer I live, the more I'm realizing that this is the only source of true Joy.
"Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father!
There is no shadow of turning with Thee...
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!"
p.s. No pictures yet, my camera is still in a box somewhere. Shouldn't I get back to unpacking now? Yeah...