Yesterday, Grace made some gigantic leaps in terms of counting. For a few weeks, she's been saying "ah two free!" (1-2-3). But, yesterday, out of nowhere, she counted to five! I made her do it a few times, just to make sure, and she kept doing it! Then, in the car a few hours later, she counted to SIX. No kidding. I couldn't believe it. She says "sick" instead of "six", but I get her drift! When I thought about it, I wasn't too surprised about this counting phenomenon - the past few weeks, I've been reading Ned's Number Book to her (A 1982 Golden book- which was mine, 27 years ago!). She loves that book, and requests it at nap and bedtime-- "Ed! Ed!"
How amazing to be part of this process! She's learning "foundational" things here in our house. I count it a real joy to see this precious girl growing everyday, under our care. Last night at dinner, we kept saying big words to see if she'd imitate us. She managed to say "crazy" and "precious." Today, I heard her say, "Bless you". I think. :) She's also saying "ove you" (love you) when I say it first!
This video , by Vinegar Hill Pictures, does an amazing job of capturing motherhood. In so many books and Bible verses I've read, doing good deeds is likened to caring for a garden. Our job is to sow the seeds and wait for the growth. Waiting is HARD! Especially when discipline seems like it's going nowhere, and tantrums happen really loudly in the library... :) But God is faithful, and He is growing Grace's parents as much as He's growing Grace.