
Today marks the 3 year anniversary of Bill and Julia Melone being a couple! On this day, 3 years ago, Bill came to my apartment on 7th street and asked me if I would be interested in a "dating/courtship/relationship type thing." At this point we had been friends for 2 years or so, we got to know each other through our campus Bible study, Tyler Christian Fellowship. This is a photo of us taken in May of 06. I could write a ton- but here's a brief timeline:
January 2003: met for the first time at the Tyler dorms
2003-2005: friends (bible study, etc)
April 3, 2005: courtship requested :)
May 3, 2005: "officially" dating (i needed a month to think it through! ha!)
August-December 2005: bill goes to ROME (long distance relationship! ouch!)
January 7, 2006: engaged
May 2006: graduated from Tyler School of Art
October 8, 2006: married
December 13, 2006: found out we're expecting!
August 24, 2007: grace julia melone is born
October 8, 2007: our first wedding anniversary as parents
Dearest Bill!
When I think about the above timeline, I can't stop thinking about how God carried us through each of these significant events- and I can't stop thinking about how my relationship with God is better because of you being in my life. I am overwhelmed at how God changed our lives in just three short years! You are a continual blessing to me- and I'm so thankful that I get to be your girl.
Love, Julia