Tuesday, October 2, 2012

what you find sometimes.

Gracie girl and I have conversations. Some of them, I wish I could transcript completely. Some of them I try to write down. And I guess some of them are worth blogging about...

Talking about getting what you want vs. not getting what you want is a constant topic for us. It's just life with a five year old. I know it's cliche, but all the lessons I'm "teaching her" I need to and am re-learning myself. God designed parenting to teach parents a thing or two ;-)

I passed by this book last week at Northeast Regional and we were both happy :-)

"Little ones will easily relate to the sister and brother in this charmingly illustrated book, which pictures life as a series of little victories and little disappointments." --Booklist review

For fun, we followed it up with singing The Rolling Stones. "You Can't Always Get What You Want". It was nice to listen to a song that was almost eight minutes long. And I loved watching her sing it for a couple days.

"But you find sometimes . . . you get what you need."