Standing on this mountaintop, Looking just how far we’ve come. Knowing that for every step. You were with us. Kneeling on this battle ground. Seeing just how much You’ve done. Knowing every victory was Your power in us. Scars and struggles on the way, But with joy our hearts can say, Yes, our hearts can say. Never once did we ever walk alone. Never once did You leave us on our own. You are faithful, God, You are faithful – Matt Redman (Never once)
Psalm 84:11b. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly
I've been meditating on that verse as God's brought it to mind for the past few years. And this morning I'm basking in the peace that I believe God has intended for me to have. Through tear-filled eyes, I'm realizing that God is indeed faithful.
But, I'm no one special... our Father has these moments in mind for all His children. We walk through a trial, and though the trial isn't "finished" or "over", we can look back on the long path He has us on and just see glimpses, flashes of His glory. Like bright fireworks in a black sky. "Oh look! There He is! And there! And there!"
He's faithful. He's faithful when a gift is withheld. He's faithful when the answer isn't given. He's faithful in gain, He's faithful in loss, He's just plain. old. faithful. & He's faithful when I forget.
2 Timothy 2:13. If we are faithless, He remains faithful--for he cannot deny himself