Friday, May 4, 2012

Today's Teabag.


"When God made time, He made enough of it." ~Celtic Saying, found on a "Good Earth" tea bag. 

Thanks to my friend, I'm sipping on Good Earth tea and getting fun quotes that make me really happy.

This one came on a special day. Today I met some friends who I haven't seen in a few years. Our paths crossed, and I am so, so thankful. Because their story pointed me back to my God -- conclusion: GOD IS BIG. Really big. 

Another friend of mine, whom I affectionately call "Mom Number Two", is going to speak at a ladies' event tomorrow at church. I can't wait to hear what she has to say about joy. But one thing that God has personally taught me about joy is this:

Joy is living in full submission to the will of God.

She and I got to talking about it over tea, and well, even though I was having an awful day, I learned some valuable lessons from this friend (which I always do). She used the word, "acquiescence." This is one of those big vocab words I know I learned in high school ;-) Dictionary.com helped me sort it out.

ac·qui·es·cence

  [ak-wee-es-uhns]  Show IPA
noun
1.
the act or condition of acquiescing  or giving tacit assent;agreement or consent by silence or without objection;compliance (usually followed by to  or in ): acquiescence to hisboss's demands.
2.
Law such neglect to take legal proceedings for such a longtime as to imply the abandonment of a right.


Now, when read, this sounds-- well, a bit harsh. But -- I think there's a beauty in full submission to God. My heart finally likes the sound of it -- and, that is a very good thing.

And given today's events, full submission to God is the best, happiest place to be. It certainly is not easy in day-to-day life -- the grind of life is rough sometimes -- but, by the grace of God, this chick is gonna submit to her God. Amen and amen.