Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Logan Circle Sunbathers




After visiting Central Library last week and watching the Philadelphia Science Fair come to a close (we got there while they were tearing down), we had this hour in the warm sun at Logan Circle, with a bunch of parents who all sat around and let their kids swim in this fountain. 


"Mom? What does that say on the bottom? 'No swimming?'"
"Yeah..."


Hilarious. Yes, she's learning how to read, so we are reading everything these days. As I thought about it, (justified it), I thought, well, maybe this is more "wading" than "swimming".


What sticks out to me the most about this, is how Grace totally forgot about her fear of the water for an entire hour, and just enjoyed being silly with random kids she didn't know. 


:-)


Bill and I didn't actually "swim", but Bill walked around the perimeter of the entire fountain with her. Precious.