Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feb 14

I know Feb 14 can bring a lot of sadness on for people who are looking+waiting+longing for a spouse. But . . . The truth is, the Better (Best) Love was shown at the Cross.

Yes, marriage is indeed the most precious gift, apart from my salvation, that I will ever receive. I am eternally grateful for my husband. God put him in my path. Bill and I grew up a couple miles away from one another (so to speak), but our paths crossed at Tyler School of Art -- at the time that God allotted.

If someone would have said to me in 2003, "You'll meet your husband at art school", I would have not been prepared for that.

God knows what He's doing. He's not fast+quick+rushed like we are. He works slower, and better. But honestly, waiting on God is NOT easy. It's really hard! Waiting is just plain hard.

One line that I love to meditate on from time to time is from a Tim Keller sermon. I appreciate this pastor because he is also a poet.

"He [Jesus] stood in the midst of the deepest sorrow, sipping the coming joy."