But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.
Psalm 73:28 ESV
But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter,
and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.
Psalm 73:28 NLT
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, That I may tell of all Your works. Psalm 73:28 NASB
Common thread — the nearness of God is my good. The nearness of God is all I need. The sweetest, most sought after earthly blessings [multiple children] do not compare with the eternal good of the "nearness of God". Having life the exact way I want it vs. what it actually is — is not my highest good. One thing I'm really thankful for this week is how much I've learned the past two Sundays. One thing I took away from this past Sunday's sermon is that there once was a mountain of judgment that separated me from God. At one point in my life, not that long ago, God wasn't my refuge or my good: He was my judge. Because He mercifully opened my eyes and SAVED me, He's now my refuge, my good, my shield, my protector. My Friend. And because this is true, I have access to Him at all times — prayer. This truth has helped me a lot this week, and my soul is hungry for more truth — which must mean that I am alive. Needy, broken — and alive in Christ |
|
|