Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Got me thinkin about Jesus today

"His arms and legs were stretched to the point of dislocation, then pierced by spikes. Jesus was crucified."
Greener Grass Conspiracy, Stephen Altrogge

I like this quote because Altrogge goes through, in this chapter, what it means that Jesus was crucified. I am always forgetting the Cross and how beautiful it is. I read this yesterday and it helped me remember my Savior.
Bill bought me this book for Mother's Day 2011 -- I've been wrestling with desiring more children (and more of everything that I don't have in life -- i.e., discontentment), and there's just something about Mother's Day that makes it all so much harder. But God is kind, patient, and loving -- He used this book to minister to me, but also give me a kick in the butt, so to speak. It's a short read and worth checking out.