Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Excluded?

Have you ever felt excluded from something? Stupid question, really -- all of us go through it. I remember one summer, 2005, when "all" my girlfriends got married. (Well, 3 of my close ones). I was part of each wedding, some bridal showers. Even though at the time Bill was my boyfriend, I didn't really know if we'd even get married. So I found myself bitter and angry -- i.e., "When's it MY turn?! I just want to be MARRIED already!"

Sometimes when you're struggling with waiting for something, the last thing you feel like hearing is "The Lord has perfect timing." Sometimes that honestly feels like a punch in the face, even though it's true . . .

Today, I listened to a great song on Shai Linne's album, "Our God is in the Heavens" that reminded me that God really is in control of everything. Everything -- like the timing of singleness, the timing of marriage, childbearing, old age, and everything after that.

Lord help us as we struggle to see your Sovereignty. Help us TRUST! Amen.