My Father-in-law, Bill's Dad, decided to MAKE US A PHOTO book. Of the last 5 years of our lives. This made me so happy. I can't wait to have a book that someone else made of our lives together. This is great for a million reasons, and I can't write about them right now because I have to "get ready for the day". He asked me to dig up some old family pics of mine to add to the book. I found this one and couldn't resist putting it in there. But suffice it to say that THIS picture opened up the "can of worms" I've been dreading, and need to face. S A N T A! . . .
Soberly, I've realized that I need to trust God more as a mother. My daughter knowing about Santa does not mean she's going to grow up a heathen. Somewhere along the line I've gotten things wrong. I want to talk to her about Jesus, but I can't obsess over her future.
Jesus said. A farmer plants a seed and then goes to bed. He waits for it to grow. He doesn't stare at the seed and obsess over whether or not it's growing. (I'm borrowing this illustration from a sermon, which was borrowed from Scripture). Lord, help me be the farmer that goes to bed and leaves the growth to you.
This picture of me was taken probably when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, and I'm guessing . . . I can't get over my outfit and hairstyle! Wow. Precious.