Friday, August 19, 2011

not rehearsing the issues, just praising the LORD over them

This past Wednesday I had the privilege of yet another night with Patti. I'm so thankful for her. Praying, talking, pointing each other to Scripture. I was so tired this week, and so thankful for how the Lord helped me turn the conversation away from "rehearsing the issues" (which I'm so good at) and just rehearsing God's character. I was inspired by this:

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

Matt Redman's new album not only has a killer cover (I love the colors, texture, and type!) but a great title track. "Bless the LORD O my soul, O my Soul, worship His Holy name."

In the face of all I experience on a daily basis, I want this to be true of me. There are always going to be ten thousand reasons for my heart to find. Help me keep my eyes where they belong, Lord.