Thursday, July 7, 2011

Being Hannah's shadow

Today I babysat for my friend Becky. I watched her two girls, Hannah and Abby. It was a tiny taste of being a mother of multiples. Not the same, but definitely a taste. I have new respect for my other mom-friends! The girls were so different from each other. Hannah kept me busy! And while were at the playground this morning in the sweltering July heat, I was her shadow. Literally. I didn't let her make a move without being right behind her. Part of this is mother-fear, and partly because I saw her fall down the steps recently at a friend's house! I didn't want any accidents with Miss Hannah today.

So, of course, me being the over-thinking gal that I am, thought about how God's presence is a lot like a shadow. Sometimes we don't hear Him speaking (well, we don't think we do), but nevertheless, He is there. Providing energy, strength, creativity, all right as we need it.