I am incredibly excited (more than usual) about spring this year. Okay, so I can handle the lower-than-I-expected temperatures, but FORSYTHIA! And magnolia! And all these weeds and bushes popping up everywhere! I am enthralled with the color of forsythia, so much so that I actually broke down and bought fake flowers for my apartment. I normally think they're slightly cheesy, since they aren't "real" - but forsythia. Wow. Something just lights up inside me when I look at it. The drab colors of winter (beautiful in their own way), the deadness, gives way to this gorgeous yellow blossom. Ahh! And, this picture I took does not capture the true yellow color. Also very thankful for Michelle & Greg, who lived in this apartment before us, and painted its walls so well. I had fun picking out flowers for the different rooms based on the walls. I get really, really crazy about color. I must have had that in me from a young age, and then going to art school, and now teaching Grace about color has made me even crazier! :)
Monday, March 28, 2011
Spring!
I am incredibly excited (more than usual) about spring this year. Okay, so I can handle the lower-than-I-expected temperatures, but FORSYTHIA! And magnolia! And all these weeds and bushes popping up everywhere! I am enthralled with the color of forsythia, so much so that I actually broke down and bought fake flowers for my apartment. I normally think they're slightly cheesy, since they aren't "real" - but forsythia. Wow. Something just lights up inside me when I look at it. The drab colors of winter (beautiful in their own way), the deadness, gives way to this gorgeous yellow blossom. Ahh! And, this picture I took does not capture the true yellow color. Also very thankful for Michelle & Greg, who lived in this apartment before us, and painted its walls so well. I had fun picking out flowers for the different rooms based on the walls. I get really, really crazy about color. I must have had that in me from a young age, and then going to art school, and now teaching Grace about color has made me even crazier! :)