Tuesday, December 21, 2010

thoughts on a tuesday.

This morning I had one of "those" mornings with Grace - it was 10am and we were still in our PJs ... The Lord specifically spoke to me about productivity.

I think, "but I have so much to do!" Well... what is it that I want to do, and why do I feel the need to do it? What do I define as "productive"?

Is actually sitting down with my daughter to talk to her "productive"? Or is it more productive to have a house that looks like a museum instead of a lived-in home? I need to redefine productivity.

This afternoon, we had a brief time at the library. Grace sat down with a new found friend and I sat behind them, watching them play a Dora game. I had maybe 10 minutes with "nothing" to do. I couldn't sit still! Gotta check my texts. Should look for a book. Should go read about this thing or find this DVD. Aah! I always complain about how Grace can't sit still . . . wonder where she gets it from?!

This time of year it hits an all-time high. There is a "hallmark card" Christmas in my mind, and then there's real life.

Jesus came to earth as "Emmanuel" which means "God with us." I am, for one, very thankful for this. It means that Jesus knows exactly what it's like to be human: but He's also God. So knowing that He is "with" me, even if my life feels chaotic and volanic and crazy . . . I can take the next step, I can speak in a loving way, I can choose to die to myself and love . . . because God is with me.