I'm very aware of how these days are fleeting. Grace just turned two, and I had a friend at playgroup ask, "So, are you going to put Grace in pre-school next year?" HUH?! Pre-school? It really made me stop dead in my tracks. My daughter is actually going to grow up and get an education and make life decisions, and . . .
Needless to say, big questions have been swirling around in my head. My only peace comes from leaning on God and trusting in the mercy and steadfast love that Jesus offers. Being a Mom has opened up huge challenges and huge joys - the word "faith" takes on a whole new meaning now.
I taught Grace a new song today at naptime. (It's Prov 3:5-6, set to music. Bill and I danced to this at our wedding).
"Trust" by Sixpence None the Richer
Chorus:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Lean not on your own understanding
In all of your ways acknowledge Him
And He will make your paths straight
Don't worry about tomorrow
He's got it under control
Just trust in the Lord with all your heart
And He will carry you through
Lord, sometimes it gets so tough
To keep my eyes on you
When things are going rough
Then I turn my eyes
Up to the sky.
I hear your voice, it says to me . . .
(chorus)