Saturday, August 2, 2008

Daddy's Been Home for the Summer...

Bill's an art teacher which means he had the summer OFF. Since the end of June, Grace and I have thoroughly enjoyed having him home with us every day. I can really see that the two of them are bonding. Yesterday, I asked Grace, "Where's Daddy?" and she pointed to Bill, exclaiming, "Dada! Dat!" Now, this morning, she pointed to him and said, "Mamama", but I think she gets the general idea. It's been awesome to see them bond together. When he works, he gets to see her for a few minutes in the morning, and then for a short time after dinner - so summer has allowed them to get some walks in, trips to the library, and just extra daddy-daughter time! One of my favorite things - to hear Bill reading a story to her. It's so cute. Here they are, my the two most important people in my life! Bill is applying sunscreen before they head to the park. Ah... summer. Only two more weeks, then it's back to just Mommy and Grace :)