Thursday, August 16, 2007

psalm 130

This Psalm is beautiful, read it this morning and wanted to share.

PSALM 130 (NIV)

1
Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;

2 O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.

3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?

4 But with you there is forgiveness;
therefore you are feared.

5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.

6 My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.

7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
for with the LORD is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption. *

8 He himself will redeem Israel
from all their sins.

* The ESV (English Standard Version) that I read uses the words steadfast love and plentiful redemption. It is such a joy to know that I worship the God of plentiful redemption- what a comfort! Steadfast love - unchanging, unrelenting - everyday. Bill and I are aware of waiting for this baby- but there is a greater expectancy that we have, a greater longing - and it is for God. His love, His mercy, His grace to be poured out on us. He is all we really need.